Qatari Tunisian Food Company Inaugurates its New Plant

New brand logo to be launched soon​

Doha- Qatar: The Qatari Tunisian Food Company inaugurated on Thursday its new plant at the Industrial area. His Excellency Mr Al Habib Essid, Head of the Government of Tunisia officially inaugurated the new facility in the presence of other key dignitaries from State of Qatar and the Republic of Tunisia.

On this occasion, H.E Mr Nasser Mohamed Al Hajri, Chairman and Managing Director of Hassad Food, said, "The opening of QT's new plant is a step forward in the field of food products packing in Qatar, as it will surely contribute to filling the market need from Olive Oil".

 "We are honored to have HE Mr Al Habib Essid officially open QT's new facility; his presence demonstrates the strong ties between the two countries", Al Hajri added.

With a yearly production capacity of 1000 tons, QT's core business mainly focuses on two main segments: The first covers importing and repacking of the finest Olive Oil, while the other section focuses on importing and distribution of a number of Tunisian products (more than 28 products), which gets marketed locally.

The company's operations has expanded over the past few years and started exporting its products to several GCC countries. By 2017, the company is planning to enter the European and Asian markets with its products.

During the opening ceremony, the guests were taken on an introductory tour around the facility, to understand the different stages of production; starting with receiving the Olive Oil, then storing under a set temperature, followed by going through the filtration process and finally, packing the production in special glass bottles that comes in different sizes. The audience also visited the facility lab, in which the product is tested several times at different stages to ensure the consumer gets the highest quality.

Founded in 2000, the Qatari Tunisian Food Company is one of the leading companies in packing and exporting Olive Oil in the GCC. Owned 51% to Mahaseel (a subsidiary of Hassad Food), and the rest of the shares (49%) to a number of Tunisian companies.